THE PREMIER Dog Surfing Competition on the dog surfing circuit features three-days of of doggone fun event. . . . SPEND THE WEEKEND IN SURF CITY USA®!
Huntington Beach was named “DogTown USA” by Dog Fancy Magazine in 2009. Dog friendly accommodations feature the Shorebreak Hotel (our host hotel) and the Hilton Waterfront Resort, among others.
The Shorebreak Hotel has a special Surf City Surf Dog™ rate of $189, while quantities last. Book your room here.
For more details on accommodations, directions and parking information and what to do in Huntington Beach with your family (four-legged and human)! Visit the SURF CITY USA® website.
The event takes place at the southernmost point of Huntington Dog Beach at the intersection of Goldenwest and PCH. Use 100 Goldenwest, Huntington Beach for mapping purposes.
- From 405, exit Goldenwest and head south all the way to PCH. • Parking is located north and south of the PCH / Goldenwest intersection.
- From PCH heading north, we are located north of Main Street in Huntington Beach.
- From PCH heading south, we are located approximately one mile south of Seapoint.
- Metered; some accept credit cards and some are coin only – costs $1.50/hour.
- Parking is limited so please carpool and plan for extra time to find or wait for a spot.
- Drop off your dog(s), boards, chairs and or family at the top of the bluff at our Pup & Board Valet. Be prepared to walk, as we do not have any reserved parking.
- No parking, waiting or unloading in any red zone.
- Dog Beach parking lots, located between Goldenwest and Seapoint, have metered parking only
- Metered parking is available on PCH
- Free, non-metered street parking is available in several of the neighborhood areas.
- The Pier Plaza parking lots, located on the north and south side of the pier, are metered parking
- City beach lots located along PCH, between Beach Blvd and 1st Street, open at 7 am – $12 per day.
- Additional parking garages are located in downtown Huntington Beach. Parking garage rates vary from $10 -$15 per day.
- Shorebreak Hotel/The Strand parking lot – $18/day maximum.